A private pilot license (PPL) allows a person to operate an aircraft in visual flight conditions during
daylight hours as well as at night, and allows a person to carry passengers, so long as the pilot does not
operate for hire and is not paid for the service. For many students, this is the first step in their pilot
journey, as it is the first license necessary in the process of becoming a commercial pilot. For others, the
private pilot license allows them to accomplish the goal or dream of being a pilot. Whatever your
aviation goals may be, we would be happy to help you achieve your goal of becoming a private pilot!
Requirements for a private pilot license:
– Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
– Must obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
– Must be at least 17 years of age
– Must be at least 16 years old to accomplish a solo flight
– Must understand the basic principles of math, so as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
Orlando Flight School offers a self-paced private pilot program, which entails a mixture of both ground
school and flight training.