1. Is Orlando Flight School a part 61 flight school or a part 141 flight school?
A. We are a part 61 flight school.

2. What is the difference between a part 61 and part 141 flight school?
A. The main difference between a part 61 and a part 141 flight school is in their scheduling and program set up. Part 141 schools consist of an established training program including various lessons that must be accomplished prior to completing the course. A part 141 program is much like attending college. Part 61 flight schools generally consist of a less structured training curriculum, where students control their own pace and scheduling. A part 61 flight school offers much more flexibility for its students. Hour requirements differ between the two types of school, but students will learn the same material in either program.

3. What level of medical certificate must I obtain for flight training?
A. Students must obtain a minimum of a Third Class Medical or BasicMed to participate in flight training.

4. When do classes start?
A. Classes are always happening and can be started at any time.

5. How long do lessons last?
A. Every lesson is a little bit different, and no two lessons take the same amount of time to complete. However, most of our lessons are scheduled to take 2.5 hours.

6. How do I get started?
A. We can get students started as soon as they want! Customers can visit our office during operating hours, and we can get them registered for a course same day.

7. Is any financial aid available?
A. We work with a private loan company that can help students to cover training costs. More information about this can be found under the financial aid tab.

8. Does Orlando Flight School offer aircraft rentals?
A. Yes. We offer aircraft rentals to customers who have been checked out by our flight instructors.

9. Can Orlando Flight School help students to obtain visas?
A. Currently, we are unable to help with any visa applications.

10. What type of aircraft do you fly?
A. Our fleet consists of mostly Cessna 172 airplanes as well as a Piper Twin Comanche for multi-engine training. We also have two Cessna 150s.

11. Will I need TSA clearance to flight train?
A. All students who are not U.S. citizens will be required to obtain TSA authorization to fly. However, we can help students who need this authorization through the quick and simple process.