COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE
It is a program designed to give you the best experience of your life, we achieve this with highly qualified professional staff to allow space between you and your dreams of flying; This is why we invite you to be part of this adventure with us.
ABOUT THIS LICENSE
The FAA Commercial Pilot License (CPL) is one of the final steps on a student's path to becoming a professional aviator. While this license does not yet allow a person to become an airline pilot, it allows the pilot to be paid for their service and to work for many, non-airline, flight operations.
– Must hold a private pilot certificate
– Must be 18 years old
– Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
– Must obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
Orlando Flight School offers a self-paced commercial pilot program, which entails a mixture of both
ground school and flight training.
STEPS TO GET THIS LICENSE
Step 1: Requirements
– Before starting the CPL course, students must meet the requirements listed above.
Step 2: Ground School
– In order to be eligible to accomplish the practical test for the CPL, the student must first complete the FAA written test for the license. In order to teach the student what they must know for this test, Orlando Flight School offers ground classes covering the content that the student must know.
Step 3: Flights Training
– In order to be eligible for a Commercial Pilot License, students must have accomplished and logged 250 hours of total flight time, 100 of which must be accomplished in powered aircraft, with 50 in an airplane. Students must also accomplish 50 hours of cross-country time ( 10 hours must be in an airplane), as well as 20 training hours, with 10 hours being instrument, and 10 hours being accomplished in either a technically advanced aircraft or a complex aircraft. Finally, students must also have at least 10 hours of solo flight time logged.
Final Step: FAA Practical Test
– The FAA practical test, or checkride, will be the final test necessary for each student to obtain their instrument rating. This test consists of an oral test portion, which will test the knowledge of the student, as well as a flight test, which will test the flying ability of the student. After the student passes this test, they will be issued their commercial pilot certificate.