It is a program designed to give you the best experience of your life, we achieve this with highly qualified professional staff to allow space between you and your dreams of flying; This is why we invite you to be part of this adventure with us.
ABOUT THIS LICENSE
The FAA certified flight instructor license, or CFI, allows a pilot to teach others to learn to fly or to obtain new licenses. This license allows them to teach student in both the air and on the ground, and it allows them to be paid for their teaching services. The initial CFI certificate allows an instructor to teach single, engine, private and commercial students.
– Must hold at least a commercial certificate with an instrument rating
– Must be at least 18 years old
– Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
– Must receive a logbook endorsement from an instructor on the fundamentals of instructing
– Must obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
Orlando Flight School offers a self-paced CFI program, which entails a mixture of both ground school and flight training.
STEPS TO GET THIS LICENSE
Step 1: Requirements
– Students must meet the requirements listed above in order to begin their CFI training.
Step 2: Ground School
– CFI’s must possess a wealth of knowledge in both educational theory and in the technical areas of aviation. Given the increased need for knowledge, the FAA mandates that two written tests must be accomplished before a CFI student is able to take their practical test. Orlando Flight School offers ground school to CFI students to assist them in completing both of these tests.
Step 3: Flight Training
– There are n specific hour requirements beyond the commercial certificate in order to get the CFI certificate but fight training will be accomplished until student proficiency has been reach in order to take the practical test.
Step 4: FAA Practical Test
– The FAA practical test, or checkride, will be the final test necessary for each student to obtain their instrument rating. This test consists of an oral test portion, which will test the knowledge of the student, as well as a flight test, which will test the flying ability of the student. After the student passes this test, they will be issued their CFI certificate.