It is a program designed to give you the best experience of your life, we achieve this with highly qualified professional staff to allow space between you and your dreams of flying; This is why we invite you to be part of this adventure with us.
ABOUT THIS LICENSE
In order for a flight instructor to be able to teach multi -engine students, they must first obtain their Multi-Engine Instructor Rating. This rating allows the instructor to be able to provide instruction of multi-engine flight.
– Must hold a CFI Certificate and a commercial certificate with a multi-engine rating
– Must be at least 18 years old
– Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
– Must obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
Orlando Flight School offers a self-paced MEI program, which entails a mixture of both ground school and flight training.
STEPS TO GET THIS LICENSE
Step 1: Ground and Flight Training
– There are no specific hours requirements and no written tests required to obtain an MEI certificate, so ground training and flight training will be accomplished until proficiency in all areas has been reached by the student.
Step 2: FAA Practical Test
– The FAA practical test, or checkride, will be the final test necessary for each student to obtain their instrument rating. This test consists of an oral test portion, which will test the knowledge of the student, as well as a flight test, which will test the flying ability of the student. After the student passes this test, they will be issued their MEI rating.